The Dinar (Arabic: دينار, ISO 4217 code LYD) is the currency of Libya. It was added to the list of currencies now supported by the application. With this addition we support more than 110 currencies used in more than 160 countries.
A friendly reminder to our iPhone users, if you do not see the flag, please delete the application, download it again from the App Store and re-install it (do not worry you will not need to pay for it again). OSX and iPad users should see the Libyan flag as soon as they restart the application.
With all the unrests in Libya, we thought it was important to show a bit more of data, so we made a special deal with the third party data provider: the Dinar can be seen with three months of historical data from day one! Feel free to add it and check performance and trends for up to a quarter level.
We have released v1.2.1 of the OSX version of iCurrency Plus. This version fixes a lot of small GUI issues, especially inconsistencies while handling the currency rates in the menu bar.
Did you know you can see your preferred currency pair in the menu bar? Simply select the currency pair of your choice and in the top of the chart area turn on “show this pair in the man bar”. Quite handy eh?!
The Birr (Amharic: ብር?, code ETB) is the unit of currency in Ethiopia. It is now added to the list of currencies now supported by the application. With this addition we now support more than 110 currencies used in more than 160 countries.
For the iPhone users, if you do not see the flag, please delete the application, download it again from the App Store and re-install it (do not worry you will not need to pay for it again). OSX and iPad users should see the Ethiopian flag as soon as they restart the application.
Best regards from the iCurrency Plus team.
We released yesterday an update for the iPhone version of iCurrency Plus, called v1.1.0. This version brings a lot of stability improvements and new features, but specifically:
- The calculator can be used in offline mode now. This turns to be extremely useful when traveling and trying to avoid roaming charges.
- Multi-language: English, Spanish and Italian are now supported. More languages are coming soon.
- Faster server connectivity, perceiving faster response from the application.
- Fast App switching: now when you bring the application from the background it is exactly where you left it, no need to select your chart of choice again.
- Fixed several minor bugs and GUI updates.
This new version of the App uses a newer gateway, providing faster server connectivity. We will be removing the old server connectivity gateway for the old application within three months, once sufficient time has been given to our current users to upgrade to this new version.
Users of the old application will be reminded to upgrade via push notification periodically since we are trying to get every one converted as soon as possible and avoid unnecessary outages. We appreciate your understanding and thanks in advance for your comprehension.
Limited Securities is pleased to announce that has released iCurrency Plus for iPad, the first version of the application for the iPad platform.
The application has a similar interface to the OSX version but with some elements similar to the iPhone version. It offers the following functionalities:
* Add currency pairs of choice (not only currencies versus the USD)
* See the change in value over a period of time of your choice
* Get notified in the app if this change is larger than a percentage you choose
* Get these notifications via push: no other app has this
* See pair details for the period you chose, including min and max value
* See several graphs to check trends: daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly; all in one screen, easily scroll up and down to see them.
* Convert prices on the spot, quite useful if you are traveling
* More than 100 currencies supported, used in more than 150 countries
* Intuitive interface, very easy to use
With this release we have iCurrency Plus available for iPhone/iTouch, Mac OSX and now iPad … guess what will be next.