Today is the day we have been waiting for a while. A new version of iGold+, as well as the new apps iSilver+, iPlatinum+, iPalladium+ and iOil+, are now available on the app store. They are all in sale for just .99 USD, for
a short period of time, as a promotion. These are the icons of each of the apps (click on the image to see it in the App Store):
All the apps allow you to:
- See the price of the commodity in almost real time.
- Check performance data (like high/low during a period of time)
- Convenient charts.
- Push notifications when the price hits a min or max value.
- Push notifications when the price changes more than certain percentage.
- Price of the commodity right on the application icon badge, no need to open the app to quickly see it.
- Very flexible, highly customizable, more than 130 supported currencies
We are very excited about this set of apps and we hope you enjoy them. Best regards from the Limited Securities team!
- Tagged App Store, Brent Crude, charts, commodities, gold, icon badge, iGold+, iPalladium+ and iOil+, iPlatinum+, iSilver+, low, max high, min, oil, palladium, performance, platinum, precious metals, price, push notifications, real time, sale, silver, WTI Crude
iCurrency Plus is now officially supporting industrial metals; you can see prices of Aluminum, Copper, Nickel, Lead and Zinc. Similar to any other currency pair, you can select any of these industrial metals and track their price in any other currency. Currently more than 130 currencies are supported.
Of course, we just started to collect data, so historical records and graphs will be available soon. Since these metals have no official ISO 4217 codes, we took the liberty to create XAL for Aluminum, XCU for Copper, XNI for Nickel, XPB for Lead and XZN for Zinc.
As a friendly reminder, for the iPhone users, if you do not see the new flag, please delete the application, download it again from the App Store and re-install it (do not worry you will not need to pay for it again). OSX and iPad users should see the new flags as soon as they restart the application.
Best regards from the Limited Securities!
- Tagged Aluminum, App Store, application, Copper, currencies, flag, flags, historical records, iCurrency Plus, industrial metals, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ISO 4217, Lead, Limited Securities, metals, Nickel, OSX, price tracking, XAL, XCU, XNI, XPB, XZN, Zinc
The Riel (symbol: KHR) is the currency of Cambodia.It is now added to the list of currencies supported by the application. With this addition we now support more than 120 currencies used in more than 170 countries.
As a friendly reminder, for the iPhone users, if you do not see the new flag, please delete the application, download it again from the App Store and re-install it (do not worry you will not need to pay for it again). OSX and iPad users should see the flag of Cambodia as soon as they restart the application.
Best regards from the Limited Securities team!
- Tagged App Store, application, Cambodia, currencies, flag, flags, iOS, iPad, iPhone, KHR, OSX, Riel
- iCommodities Suite
We have submitted a new version of iGold+ (with minor bug fixes) and a brand new set of applications: iSilver+, iPlatinum+, iPalladium+ and iOil+. Why so many apps? You might ask. Because all these apps will show the price of the commodity in the application icon, similar to iGold+, so no need to open the applications to see the prices of the commodities of your choice!
We are requesting our users and readers to tell us what they would like to see next. At this moment we are preparing a batch of applications for Industrial Metals (Cupper, Lead, Aluminum, Zinc and Nickel). But we are actually wondering, if you find these applications useful, what else would you like to see from us. We can add more apps to show currencies, indexes, stocks … etc.
Please give us your opinion by commenting in this post, we would love to hear your thoughts!
Best regards from the Limited Securities team!
- Tagged Aluminum, application, application badge, application icon, apps, bug fixes, commodities, commodity, Cupper, gold, iCommodities Suite, icon badge, iGold+, indexes, industrial metals, iOil+, iPalladium+, iPlatinum+, iSilver+, Lead, Limited Securities, Nickel. currencies, oil, palladium, platinum, precious metals, price, silver, stocks, Zinc
We have shown so far how to customize the settings, so you can choose the currency and the unit of measurement you want the price to represent. But if you are following the price on Gold on regular basis, don’t you think that is a hassle that you have to open the application every time you want to see it? We agree with you!
This is when the coolest feature of iGold+ comes to play. The third screen in the settings section allows you to set the price of Gold in the badge of the application icon; so you no longer need to open the app, by just taking a look at the number in the badge in the spring board, you will have an idea of the price.
There are a couple of limitations here. First is that the price in the badge can only show an integer number, so we are rounding to the closest integer number. That means if the price is USD 1544.2 we will show 1544 in the badge. It is not perfect, but it is a very good approximation. The second limitation is that the badge number cannot be bigger than 9,999. This is not a problem for the vast majority of the currencies we offer, but you cannot see in the icon badge the price of Gold in ounces in Mexican Pesos or Japanese Yen, for example.
Regardless of those two limitations, our initial users seem to like this feature very much. We can see that almost all users enable this function. And how often do we update this price you might ask? It is almost real time, with a delay no bigger than 15 minutes!
Warning: you need to enable push notifications or else there is no way we can send you the price to the badge of the icon. This is how the price is shown in the badge of the icon:
We hope you like this feature, contact us if you have any suggestions. Best regards from the Limited Securities team!